Hurricane Harvey & Helping Your Child Cope With Natural Disasters
On August 25th, Hurricane Harvey made landfall along the Texas coast, bringing powerful winds and heavy rainfall with it. After days of non-stop rain, Houston and many other regions were left in shambles, forcing hundreds of thousands of people to walk away from what was once their home. While this devastation undoubtedly affects many people’s jobs, daily routines, and mental health, it is important to remember that children are affected as well.
It can be difficult for young children to grasp natural disasters and why and how they occur. Children cope with events such as this differently depending on their age, but they are all susceptible to its negative impact. Whether your child was directly impacted by Hurricane Harvey or not, these tips for coping with natural disasters are sure to help your family move forward no matter what you face in the future.
Talk About It
One of the best ways to help your child process what has happened is by discussing the events that have occurred. Explain the disaster in logical terms so your child can fully understand why or how things have changed. Most importantly, allow your child to express his or her emotions about what has taken place, and listen to their worries or fears. By creating a safe space for your child to share their feelings, they will be less likely to bottle up or hold onto any negative emotions. A wonderful resource on how to discuss natural disasters with children can be found in this Sesame Street episode, where Big Bird’s friends help him rebuild his nest after a storm.
Maintain A Routine
Your child can hold onto a sense of normalcy by maintaining their typical routine in whatever way possible. Try to stick with their normal bed/wake up time in order to ensure they’re getting enough sleep. Allow them time to learn and play, and stick with any rules you would enforce on a daily basis. Many parents feel the need to coddle children in the midst of a disaster, but sticking to a routine can provide a sense of safety and security.
Remember – each child processes natural disasters differently. While one child may appear totally unaffected, another could display symptoms of anxiety or even depression. Be patient as your little one copes with how their life has changed, and know that it could take weeks, months, or even years for them to fully recover. Love, comfort, and patience go a long way when helping your child move past a difficult time.
Would you like to help Kids ‘R’ Kids employees who have been affected by Hurricane Harvey? Simply visit our GoFundMe link and make a donation. It is our hope to raise $100,000 or more for all staff members and teachers whose homes, families, and livelihood have been impacted by Hurricane Harvey.Show Less
Spring is finally here and that means fun outdoors for the entire family. One activity that the family can enjoy, while creating a learning opportunity for children, is planting a spring garden together.
Gardening helps preschoolers learn responsibility as they observe the plants growing. They learn to comprehend when the plants need water and fertilizer. They see the plants growing and learn to appreciate rain and sunshine. They also learn to keep the flower garden clean and free from weeds and debris.
Start by visiting your local nursery or home store and ask questions about the tools that you need. Also ask about soil, plants, seeds and other supplies that you might need. Talk to the service representative about some of the flowers that you like. Find out what grows best in your climate and is most suitable for the space where you will plant.
To get started, prepare the area where you will plant. Place the plants in the soil based on the instructions provided. Water and fertilize as recommended. Keep the area clean and free of weeds and problem insects. Enjoy the beauty of your garden with your family.
The more you work in the garden together, the more comfortable your child will become with the responsibility of watering and maintaining your garden. If you plant vegetables, it will be a special treat to prepare a meal with the healthy food from the garden. If you plant flowers be sure to take pictures and share the beauty that you have created.
For more information on creative ways we teach children, feel free to contact us or stop by for a tour.Show Less
Spring is about to begin and summer will quickly follow. That means school aged children will be out of school looking for activities to keep them busy everyday. With an excellent summer camp experience, the words, “I’m bored,” can easily turn into, “That was so fun!” When children get to enjoy an engaging and creative summer camp full of exciting activities, parents can rest knowing their child is fully immersed in activities that are fun, interesting, and educational.
A great summer camp experience can be the highlight of your child’s summer. Take a look at these great benefits of your child participating in a summer camp:
- Summer camp provides a safe and secure environment for children of working and busy parents.
- Children enjoy daily activities that pique their interests in a fun and stimulating environment.
- Summer camp helps children avoid “brain fog” that can happen due to inactivity during the summer.
- The activities at summer camp create opportunities for your child to try new things and make new friends.
- Fun activities take the place of spending too much time on electronics during the summer.
- The activities keep your child moving and active for better health.
- Meals are provided during the day so parents are not concerned with what their child will eat while they are working.
- Children get to take field trips and see new and interesting places with their friends.
- Children learn social skills as they interact with other children and adults.
At Kids ‘R’ Kids Learning Academy of Greensboro, we understand the needs of busy working parents. That’s why we provide nutritious meals, exciting activities, field trips, and more all in a safe and loving environment. Check out our American Road Trip Summer Camp experience for 2015. We meet all of the above requirements plus much more. For questions about summer camp enrollment or other inquiries, feel free to contact us at (336) 856-9990. Don’t forget to tell your friends about this excellent summer camp opportunity!Show Less
Spring break will be here soon and now is the time to start making plans. It’s easy to find great ways to entertain your family if you have the time and financial resources. You can fly to a resort location and enjoy white sands and an ocean front villa. You could also take a family trip to New York and enjoy shopping or a Broadway play. Of course, a Disney vacation is always a treat. As fun as those trips can be, a "stay-cation" can be a good alternative that provides fun and excitement while saving money and enjoying an excellent spring break with your family.
With a little creativity and thoughtful planning your family can enjoy many Greensboro, North Carolina attractions and quality time together.
Here are some fun ideas for a "stay-cation" in Greensboro:
- Visit the Greensboro Historical Museum.
- Visit the Greensboro Science Center
- Have a healthy day at home. A healthy day at home is all about enjoying health and nutrition as a family. Start with a nutritious breakfast and a morning workout. Enjoy cooking a healthy lunch then take a walk at a nearby park. Wrap up your day with stretches and a family movie.
- Plan a gameday tournament. Visit the local park and play several games together. Try to get some friends involved and make it a fun day of games, food, and fun.
- Visit the Tanger Family Bicentenial Garden. Take pictures and make a family scrapbook.
- Spend the night in a local hotel, swim and enjoy room service.
- Go fishing and camping.
- Have a movie marathon. Pick a day to stay indoors and watch movies all day.
- Redecorate your room. Allow your children to decorate their own room.
A "stay-cation" is a great way to spend a week together because you can choose several activities to enjoy. Have a family talk and decide which activities are best for your family. Get the details for each location, decide on your budget, and get ready to have a great "stay-cation" week.
For more information about creating a quality experience for your children in a learning environment, check out the details of our programs for infants, toddlers, and preschoolers. Feel free to contact us for a tour to see many benefits that we provide.Show Less
Most infants’ brain development will follow a predictable pattern in the first few weeks of life. Your child will reach milestones much more quickly than other children of the same age while developing some skills much later than others. This is quite normal and simply means that the brain is working to prioritize certain skills. This blog will focus on your infant’s brain development from week-to-week.
Week one – seventeen
The first four months of your child’s life are characterized by massive brain development as he or she responds to all of the new sensory stimuli. This is evident in how your child is fascinated by high contrasting colors, bright lights, and interesting new sounds. Your child will also begin to track and follow the movements of objects and people.
Week seventeen – week twenty-four
Your child should now recognize familiar faces and react positively to your company, as well as, the company of siblings, and other close relatives. Your child will not only react to faces, he or she should respond with babbling and giggling whenever spoken to. Your infant will also begin to explore the surrounding area by trying to grab objects from his or her surrounding area.
Week twenty-five – forty-eight
Your infant will now be more mobile than he or she used to be. Sitting up, crawling, and perhaps even taking a few assisted steps are all characteristics of this period. The mental capacity of your child will also begin to increase. He or she should be able to utter a few words while repeating actions from memory.
Kids ‘R’ Kids Learning Academy of Greensboro, North Carolina, is a specialized child care facility. Contact us today for more information regarding our excellent programs and world class facilities.Show Less
Over 100 million people watch the Super Bowl every year, including more than half of American households. The Super Bowl is a tradition that has spanned decades, getting grander every year. You can expect to see the best commercials and an excellent halftime performance. While some commercials (and sometimes halftime performances) may require parental supervision, the Super Bowl is designed to be a family friendly event that even a preschooler can enjoy. That’s why a family Super Bowl party needs thoughtful planning so there is something for all ages to enjoy.
Here are some thoughtful tips for hosting your kid-friendly Super Bowl Party:
Carefully consider the age of each of your children. If you have an infant or toddler, be prepared to find a place that is less active and quiet enough for a nap. Prepare age-appropriate food and have toys available. You may also want to create a safe play area, giving your child room to safely move around. Also, make plans for safe activities and preferred snacks for older children.
Allow your children to invite a friend. While the adults are glued to the game, children can enjoy entertaining each other. They might enjoy the fun with their friends even more than the game.
Have crafts, movies, music, and board games available. The Super Bowl can get boring for a young child or teen. Movies, and other activities can be a great solution for additional Super Bowl fun.
Get the entire family involved. During your planning, ask all family members what they would like to eat and games they want to play. Talk about other families that you are inviting, and all of the planned activities.
Set clear expectations. Close the doors to rooms that are not prepared for guests. Tell them about snacks that are spicy or different. Let them know your planned time to end the party. Don’t forget to tell parents when to pick up children that are guests.
A Super Bowl party is not just about football, it’s an American tradition! This year, plan some fun for the entire family, even children in childcare or daycare. When you make plans with your family in mind, you can create lasting memories and lots of fun. Here are a few additional tips they may be helpful in planning your kid-friendly super bowl party.
At Kids ‘R’ Kids Learning Academy of Greensboro, we understand the need for age-appropriate fun and learning. That’s why we have 5 outdoor play areas separated for age groups. Contact us to learn more about how we cater to your child at every level of learning!Show Less
Most child care experts agree that your child’s language development begins at home. Numerous studies have shown that infants and toddlers who are consistently spoken to and read to will have more extensive vocabularies and language skills than those who are not. We will take a closer look at a few ways in which you can help foster your child’s language development.
Read and talk
As mentioned above, infants and toddlers who are read to and spoken to frequently tend to display much stronger language skills later in life than those who are not. Take every opportunity you can to converse with and read to your child. This can be before bedtime, just after supper, or even on arrival home from daycare. Doing so will foster an appreciation for books in your child which will be carried over into kindergarten and through elementary school.
Never criticize your child’s errors in terms of articulation or speech
Instead of criticizing your child’s articulation and speech errors, try to repeat the statement correctly. Criticism may lead your child to hesitate before speaking around you. Be patient when errors are made, and be positive as well as give praise for your child’s efforts.
Listen to music together
Listening to music together with your child is another way of teaching him or her about language and rhythm. Play a CD full of nursery rhymes and enjoy a sing along with your toddler. Both you and your child will love this activity. Don’t be afraid to dance- it’s great for developing your child's gross motor skills!
The team of childcare professionals at Kids ‘R’ Kids Learning Academy of Greensboro, North Carolina, invites you and your child to view our excellent daycare and preschool facilities. For more information regarding our programs and facilities, feel free to contact us today.Show Less
The Christmas holidays bring excitement and anticipation for children and adults alike. The fun is much better when you plan ahead so the spending is within your budget. The joy of Christmas can easily be overshadowed when you create a maze of debt and financial uncertainty. The solution – plan ahead and create a budget for holiday spending.
Christmas is not the only holiday that requires careful financial planning. Birthdays, anniversaries, Mothers and Fathers Day, and every special event throughout the year can mean excessive spending if you are not careful. Executing a budget for each occasion gives the entire family spending guidelines to keep you within your responsible spending parameters. The budget is your guide to remind you of your commitment and keep you from allowing the influence of other people, emotions, and desires, to cause overspending. A carefully planned budget can leave you with the satisfaction of knowing that you have been responsible in your spending without causing a burden on your family.
Financial planners recommend spending no more than 1.5% of your annual income on holiday spending. Here is a template for a holiday budget, which can be adjusted for your individual needs. You can also use this template for any special occasion where additional spending will be required.
Practical Money Skills For Life offers a Holiday Spending Guide that you may find useful. The goal is to enjoy the holidays without creating future financial stress. Try to put the credit cards aside, unless you are able to pay the bill completely when the statement arrives. If you see that your financial need is greater than your financial resources, plan ahead for the holidays next year. Use the amount needed this year to plan your savings throughout the coming year.
At Kids ‘R’ Kids Learning Academy of Greensboro, we understand the need for parents and children to manage different situations, even beyond the holidays. That’s why our curriculum is designed for children to learn critical development skills. We use strategies from our Brain Waves™ curriculum to support neural pathways for language, social-emotional, cognitive, and physical development.
Contact us for more information on special programs that help prepare your child for a successful future!Show Less
Enhancing brain development for Greensboro children should include cognitive exercises and beneficial nutritional choices:
Essential brain development occurs during those all-important first years of a child’s life. This is when your child needs optimum levels of both nutrition and targeted mental stimulation to promote healthy brain development. A nutritious diet, exercise and reading to your child are all helpful in boosting cognitive ability. At Kids ‘R’ Kids Learning Academy of Greensboro we offer a proven brain development program and understand the importance of mental stimulation for a growing child. Here are several ways to improve your child’s cognitive ability at home:
Foods rich in Omega 3 which is a type of beneficial fat, can improve your child’s cognitive abilities and are found in:
Iron-rich foods which enhance mental alertness include:
Exercise increases oxygen to the brain and can improve a child’s memory. Keeping children physically fit and healthy protects their brain cells and enhances the effects of helpful brain chemicals.
Sleep is a simple way to boost brain development. Encourage your child to have healthy sleeping patterns, which increases their ability to learn effectively. Adequate sleep also improves memory, creativity, and problem-solving for your child and their parents.
Our brain development program in Greensboro is designed to stimulate your child’s mind, while they are also learning and playing in a safe and comfortable environment. Our staff understands that each child is unique, and develops at their own pace. For more information about enrollment and our programs, click here.Show Less
Parents are well aware that the knowledge of mathematics is one of the core skills that all children need to succeed in school and in life. Since you want to provide your child with the right tools to succeed, you may be looking to supplement your child’s learning with math applications for tablets or smartphones. Some parents may be concerned about the rise in popularity of digital education apps for preschoolers, so Kids ‘R’ Kids Learning Academy of Greensboro, North Carolina, discusses some of the benefits that digital applications can offer.
Knowledge of technology is a foundational skill
It may be that some parents do not yet fully understand the benefits that technology can offer a child. Some parents may still prefer the old traditions of having children play outside and not spend too much time in front of the computer or television. A few recent studies have shown that a young child immersed in technology, and involved with digital preschool applications, has a far greater chance at succeeding in our current technology-driven world. A child that does not learn about technology at a young age today is going to be at a distinct disadvantage.
How can apps help your child?
Today there are a substantial number of learning applications for children to benefit from that they will enjoy. There are fun and engaging apps on any topic, including mathematics, that will have your child engaged and eager to learn. You can browse various apps for children online or ask friends, teachers, or other parents for recommendations. At Kids ‘R’ Kids Learning Academy of Greensboro, we have a balanced approach to using apps and technology for teaching foundational subjects.
Kids ‘R’ Kids Learning Academy of Greensboro offers a high quality learning environment, where each child can play, learn and develop in a safe and accommodating environment. For more details about our exceptional AdvancED™ accredited program, contact us today.Show Less
The holidays are filled with lights, shopping, and family fun! There is one staple event that happens at almost every holiday and that is great food and dining. However, being the host of a large group can turn the holiday fun into a stressful time of busyness and uncertainty. Planning ahead and using a few extra precautions can change the hosting stress into a joyous occasion that makes you proud. One key to excellent holiday hosting is to plan your safety measures ahead of time. Of course, excellent meal planning is important as well
Here are a few Hosting and Food Safety Tips from the National Safety Council that will help alleviate some stress and make your evening an event that is enjoyed by all!
- When preparing a holiday meal for friends and family be sure to wash your hands, utensils, sink, and anything else that has come in contact with raw poultry.
- While doing holiday cooking, keep your knives sharp. Most knife injuries occur due to dull blades.
- When reheating leftovers, bring the temperature up to at least 165°F to eliminate any bacterial growth.
- Being a smart party host or guest should include being sensible about alcoholic drinks. More than half of all traffic fatalities are alcohol-related. Use designated drivers, people who do not drink, to drive other guests home after a holiday party.
- The holiday season is one of the most stressful times of the year. You can’t avoid stress completely, but you can give yourself some relief. Allow enough time to shop for gifts and meal items rather than hurry through stores and parking lots. Only plan to do a reasonable number of errands.
- Avoid cleaning kitchen surfaces with wet dishcloths or sponges. They easily harbor bacteria and promote bacteria growth. Use clean paper towels instead.
At Kids ‘R’ Kids Learning Academy of Greensboro, we understand the need to keep meals and activities safe, which is why we have an on-site chef to prepare daily nutritious meals for our students. All of our staff is certified in CPR/First Aid, our Infant Staff is certified in SIDS training, and our School-Age teachers are certified in BSAC (Basic School-Age Care) training.
We know the holidays can be stressful, but when you leave your child in our care, it’s one less thing you have to worry about. We are dedicated to your child’s safety and care. Contact us today to schedule a free tour!Show Less
There are few things more precious than the gentle care that a loving parent gives a newborn baby. Watching every move the baby makes is like having your favorite movie constantly playing in the comfort of your own home. The joy of watching a child grow and develop can happen in the home or a daycare center. Even preschoolers are fun to watch as they explore opportunities around them. Some parents choose to begin childcare in the home and eventually transition to care outside of the home. When that happens, it’s important to help the child transition in a manner that brings comfort, security, and confidence in the new care arrangements.
- As a parent, your role is vital in helping your child feel safe and secure as he transitions to a new environment. Here are a few suggestions to help you prepare your child for a smooth transition into a different environment.
- Focus on the advantages. Tell your child about the advantages that his new care arrangement will offer. For example, Kids ‘R’ Kids offers a summer camp, before and after school program, an age appropriate playground, state-of-the-art-facilities, and a fun learning environment.
- Stay positive. If you feel any separation anxiety about the new arrangements, try not to pass the anxiety to your child. He will react to your feelings and comments.
- Visit together beforehand.Visit the facility along with your child so that you can meet new teachers and get to know the environment.
- Prioritize online viewing accessibility. At Kids ‘R’ Kids, we offer secure online viewing capability so that you can still enjoy watching your child learn and grow while you are apart from them.
- Offer assurance. Assure your child that care outside of the home is a “next step”process for your family that will offer new adventures, new friends, and new fun.
For more information on preparing for childcare away from home, here is an article that you may also find helpful, Helping Your Child Adjust to Childcare.
At Kid ’R’Kids Learning Academy of Greensboro, we understand the needs of your child. Everything we do is designed with your child’s age, needs, and wellbeing in mind. If you are transitioning away from home care, we would love to help. We offer online viewing, fun in learning, and various programs for the different needs of your child and family. Contact us for information on our programs or to schedule a tour of our facility.Show Less
The days of reading newspapers, writing letters, purchasing albums, and movies have changed significantly. Children today regularly use the internet for educational purposes, games, social media, and entertainment. While there are many beneficial aspects of the internet, there are many safety issues that can be a threat to your child’s security and innocence.
As parents, we seek to protect our children from internet dangers. Here are several websites that are excellent resources to help keep your child safe.
This is a publication designed to offer families insight into the world of popular entertainment while giving them helpful tools to understand, navigate and impact the culture in which they live. Pluggin Online offers content reviews on music, videos, games, and movies. Some reviews offer details such as drug and alcohol content and crude language.
This website intuitively determines what is harmful based on your settings. Net Nanny protects your child, sends you reports and even texts to alert you of danger. This website protects families and helps them manage their experiences with digital content. Parents are given visibility and control in managing a child’s online experience.
This website teaches children about internet safety through fun songs, characters and interactive games. The site does not link to any outside sites. It is safe and easy to use.
Excellent for daycares, this website features an interactive city that teaches Internet safety. Children help the Safety Land hero catch a bad Internet character by searching buildings in the city and answering Internet safety questions.
This is an international, non-profit organization which works to make the online world safer for kids and their families.
There will always be a need to protect childcare and preschool aged children who have online access. At Kids ‘R’ Kids Learning Academy of Greensboro, we take every area of safety very seriously. When your child is enrolled at Kids 'R' Kids, they will have a special enrollment code which will link their account to their classroom and curriculum. Through our partnership with the award-winning early learning website ABCmouse.com, the Kids 'R' Kids curriculum includes hundreds of computer-based interactive activities that children love and which also provide safe opportunities for parents to be actively involved in their child's learning.
Come by for a visit and see for yourself the steps we take to safely enjoy the befits of technology.Show Less
Selecting the right infant child care providers can often be difficult for new parents who only want the best for their child. Leaving your infant in the care of someone else is one of the most important decisions you have to make as a parent. Here are some of the things you need to ask your infant day care provider before entrusting your child to a preschool facility.
May I tour the facility?
By touring your infant’s prospective day care facility, you can gain a better understanding of the way they do things. Make sure that caregivers are on the floor, lovingly interacting with the infants in their care. You should also make sure that there are enough caregivers at the facility to cater to the number of enrolled infants. In addition, you will be able to assess the security and access of the facility to outsiders.
May I drop by at any time of the day without prior notice?
Parents may want to consider the opportunity to arrive at the infant care facility unannounced. By showing up unannounced, you will be able to see the sort of care and treatment that your child will be receiving when the teachers do not know that someone is observing. This is a good way to see if the treatment your child will receive is consistent.
Have your caregivers had first aid training?
In the event your child gets injured, you want someone who is qualified to be on hand to administer first aid. Generally speaking, every infant care specialist should have first aid training. This is why we ensure our teachers are well-equipped with all the necessary health and safety skills.
At Kids ‘R’ Kids Learning Academy of Greensboro, North Carolina, we ensure your infant will be safe, secure and properly cared for. For more information about our superior infant child care program, contact us today.Show Less
Going back to school is an exciting time! Getting your child to see it that way is another story. The transition from summer to school can be difficult. Exchanging lazy mornings for early morning wake-up calls can initially produce more groans than grins. It’s time to raise the morale and make the effort to get your kids ready to go back to school with these 5 simple tips!
- Time to Rise and Shine! Start adjusting the alarm clocks now. Help them adjust to the soon-to-be new wake up time by gradually moving the clock back closer to their wake up time for school. It’s a process that benefits from starting sooner than later!
- Talk it Up. Start talking about the fun that comes with their return to school. Acknowledge it may be hard at first but it will be fun to see old friends and meet new ones. School is a great opportunity for children to learn and grow, and discussing the benefits of school with your child may help in the transition.
- Take a Trip. Do dispel the fear of the unknown, take a “field trip” to their school and walk around. Remind your child where the cafeteria is, where recess takes place, where he will be picked up and dropped off. Familiarize your child with the area again, giving him time to get reacquainted and less intimidated.
- Tack Up a Countdown Banner. Have the kids join in and make a countdown-to-school banner! Write the numbers on separate pieces of paper and remove them daily until school starts. Using bright colors and decorations will bring a feeling of excitement.
- Treat Your Kids to Fun Gear! Finding the right gear can make a big difference in the level of excitement for returning to school. It does not have to be expensive, but helping your child find a backpack that he/she loves or a new pair or shoes, will bring a smile to her face. You don’t have to break the bank to find a practical and fun item that will help the transition for your child.
At Kids 'R' Kids Learning Academy of Greensboro, we want your child to have the best back-to-school experience! And for those with children too young to return to school, we would love to have them here. We are currently enrolling for our Pre-K program! Contact us to learn more about us and see for yourself why we are not your average daycare, childcare or preschool!Show Less
Enrolling your child in pre-school is both exciting and stressful. It is helpful to prepare your child for what will occur in order to lessen your anxiety as a parent. At Kids ‘R’ Kids Learning Academy of Greensboro, we offer years of experience as a childcare provider, with a curriculum that is suitable for learners from six weeks of age to 12 years. Here are a few suggestions for preparing your pre-school child:
Have both of you meet the pre-school staff?
Meeting the staff will lower the anxiety of who will be their teacher, it is helpful to know will be present in the classroom prior to that first big day! Having them repeat the teacher’s name and learn more about the adults at the school will lessen your child’s fear of the unknown upon the arrival of the school-year.
Communicate with your child
Positive preparation for pre-school requires candid and frequent communication. Talk to your child about the changes that will be occurring. Make the experience as fun as possible, by letting your child know that other children will be there too, and it will be a safe environment for all of them.
Practice separating from your child
Begin with quick separations from them to monitor their reaction, and then progress to longer times. This will ease a child into the separation process when they enter pre-school and are away from you. Leaving a child with relatives while running errands can allow for separation, but with someone your child knows and trusts. This will also start teaching your child independance. A goodbye game or handshake can let your child know when it is time to bid “farewell” for a short period of time.
For more information about our outstanding childcare programs and pre-school curriculum, please Kids ‘R’ Kids Learning Academy of Greensboro .
Choosing a childcare professional in Greensboro is one of the most important decisions that any parent can make. Although choosing the best child care may be difficult and frustrating, parents are urged to thoroughly research child care information to make the best choice.
Suggestions on choosing the best child care option:
- Nanny or child care center? These two choices offer very different options for the parent. Kids 'R' Kids Learning Academy in Greensboro offers top professionals in child care and education. Our teachers have thorough background checks on file, and have been extensively trained in early childhood education. And unlike depending on a nanny to arrive at your home each day, Kids 'R' Kids is always dependable to provide the care your family needs.
- Make a list of questions and do not hesitate to ask them: Draw up a list of questions that you might have or are unsure about and make sure to ask everything that you need to know about schedules, times, fees, policies etc. If you are considering home-based care, a good question to ask concerns childcare philosophy and qualifications. Ask if they will be available to work overtime in situations where you need to work late or attend work meetings and functions, and be sure to ask for a background check as well.
- Licensing and registration: Always interview at least two or three applicants and ensure that the child care professionals are registered with the correct authorities. Kids 'R' Kids Learning Academy of Greensboro is licensed by the State of South Carolina and accredited by AdvancED, the largest and most prestigious accrediting agency in the educational realm.
- Checklists: Draw up a checklist to evaluate each child care professional, daycare or learning academy. Make sure that the questions include all aspects of your child's health, safety, education and development to assist you in evaluating your options. Kids 'R' Kids has a minimum of 4 unannounced inspections per year to evaluate health, safety, and implementation of the educational programs. You can rest assured that there is a system of checks and balances in place to ensure the highest standards are upheld at Kids 'R' Kids!
Making the right decision about the type of care your child will receive will give you confidence that your child will be properly cared for and that they will be safe. Contact our professional child care providers from Kids 'R' Kids Learning Academy of Greensboro to help you make the right choice!